Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"A Week in the Life..."



Next week I will be participating in the "A Week in the Life" project, created by talented scrapbooker Ali Edwards. The project basically consists of recording a typical week in your life, focusing on even the most random details, like what you wore, what you ate, where you went, what kind of music you listened to, etc. It's a way of recording the small things that you may not remember five years down the road.

I know a lot of you have expressed interest in scrapbooking, and if you want to learn how but aren't sure where to start, this is a great project to get you going!

Here's what you do: Take as many pictures as possible each day (I'm starting on Monday, just because that always feels more like the beginning of the week than Sunday). Throughout the day, or at night, jot down all the details of the day. Did you overhear an interesting conversation, did the cute Starbucks barista ask for you phone number (ha-I wish!), did you try a new recipe, etc.

Then, after the week's over, you can compile all your photos and notes into a cute scrapbook categorized by each day. Easy, right?

For more information and ideas, check out Ali Edwards' blog.

1 comment:

Heather Grace said...

AH I love this. I am craving my scrapbooking supplies now.